Sunday, May 25, 2014

Spinach Dip



This is my favorite appetizer to order when we go to restaurants, however, when my kids are with us, we don't order it- because it is a Dairy based item. When I discovered Manchego cheese was Sheep's Milk and very similar to Parmesan, this was the first thing I thought of.  So tonight my kids had Spinach dip, and it is just crazy to me that it tasted EXACTLY like the restaurant dip I love!

I think it is just awesome that I can get cool things like Goats Milk Cheese and Sheep's milk cheese at Walmart just blocks from my house!  They also have Glutino Bagel chips and Purple Corn Tortilla chips.  I just recently learned that purple corn is always non-gmo, so I make it a point to always buy the purple ones. I buy the Mexican ones from Herdez to avoid the price hike for the 'organic' or 'non-gmo' label.


Spinach Dip

6 oz Spreadable plain Goat Cheese
5 oz wedge Manchego cheese (sheep's milk cheese) grated
3/4 cup Mayonaise (not fat free or miracle whip-  it won't work)
1 - 1 1/2 cups steamed spinach (can sub with frozen)
1 tsp Dried Minced Garlic
1 TBSP Dried Onion Flakes
1/2 tsp Louisiana sauce or Tabasco sauce
Pinch of Chilli Pepper Flakes

Stir to combine all ingredients.  Grease a 4x9 inch bread pan and bake 350 for 27 minutes or 'til the top is slightly golden.  I served it with Glutino Bagel Chips and Purple Corn Tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment