Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Coconut Macaroons



I created this recipe on a last minute whim not only for my children, but also for a child who was allergic to eggs. It was couple days before a children's activity for church, when I heard the child could not have dairy or eggs.  I don't like the idea of a child having to skip out on treats because of allergies.  So I selected the cookies I was making for my children with this child in mind too.  I decided that I would try Coconut Macaroons using bananas as a substitute for eggs.  If you think about it, bananas are a great substitute for these tropical cookies!  I was amazed by the result!!  They were very tasty and looked just like any other home made coconut macaroons.


Coconut Macaroons


2 Mashed Bananas, Small-Medium sized (or 2 eggs)
3/4 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 cup Rice Flour
1/4 cup Tapioca Starch
2 1/2 cups Coconut 


Thoroughly mix first 4 ingredients in Medium sized mixing bowl. Then add Rice flour and Coconut and mix until well combined. Drop on to cookie sheet in tablespoon drops shaped in a ball. Bake 325 for 15-20 minutes. Then raise temperature to 350 for an additional 5-10 minutes until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment