Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

We are on Spring Break this week; such a GLORIOUS thought for school!!  So I have decided that I am going to be focusing on recipes that can be prepacked and then made quickly since the ingredients will be combined already.  Today's choice was Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I packed 10 mixes last night all I have to do is go get some quart size ziploc bags for my final product.   All you need to do is put the first 10 ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly and then add the following 2 and mix again.  Then mark on the bag to add 1 stick of butter and 1 egg when you use it and to bake at 350 for 11-14 minutes.  I actually kept the Flax out too, because my flax is whole flax and it will be more nutrient dense if you grind right before use.  Otherwise the most important nutrients will no longer be good by the time you use it.  Also since the flax is fresh flax you run the risk of the cookies going rancid prior to use, because their omega-3 oils are still in tact and grain oils are what make flours go rancid.  If you choose to leave out the flax, just be sure to mark it on your package along with the egg and butter.


I used a 2 1/2 cup container to make my mixes and pulled out 10 containers placing them on a cookie sheet together, so I could easily move from place to place with them and also easily move in assembly line fashion adding one ingredient at a time to all of them to cut down on time.  Like I said, it took me only 1 hour to fix 10 mixes.  As soon as I get the bags, I will post the final look.

If you don't want to use flax, you can substitute with 1/8-1/4 cup flour of your choice.  Try using coconut cream (un-separated) instead of the butter.
 

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Sorghum
1/4 cup Rice Flour
1/3 cup Tapioca Flour
1/4 cup Flax, (grind in spice/coffee grinder on finest grind)

1 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Pecans or Walnuts
* * * *
1/3 cup soft Butter (not melty)
1 egg (can be replaced with 2 TBSP Water)

1) Combine all dry ingredients mix well, then add the wet ingredients over the top.  Mix well.
2) Drop in 1-1 1/2 TBSP on the tray and bake 10-13 minutes at 375; OR rounded teaspoons 350 for 10 - 12 minutes.
3) Cookies will seem like they are not fully cooked as you are taking them out of the oven, but once they cool you will see they are done.  If you leave them in longer than recommended, they will be crunchy/over done (though not burned) rather than chewy.


No comments:

Post a Comment